Visions of Hope 2016: silent auction in benefit of Relay For Life of SL
This event opened on Saturday, April 30th with a party led by DJ Cupric Router at 4PM SLT. After the great success of the 2015 edition, with photographs by a number of well-known artists in SL, this year the exhibition organized for the Hope Have Heroes RFL Team brings also some sculptures and gathers the following artists: Bijou, Boudicca Amat, Ciottolina Xue, d-oo-b, Dru G. Eiren-Milneaux, Em Larsson, Hills, Inara Pey, Mareea Farrasco, Nikolai Warden, Proph, Pusher, Randy Firebrand, Ricco Saenz, Tomais Ashdene, Trinity Yazimoto and Ziki Questi.
The silent auction is intended to raise funds for Relay For Life, a global initiative by American Cancer Society aimed at gathering donations to fight against cancer, as well as providing "a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer" and "remember loved ones lost", as the ACS webpage says. During the exhibition, the public will be able to acquire photo-based pieces as well as sculptures from some of the most renowned artists in Second Life and, at the same time, contribute with the ACS's programs to improve cancer survival, decrease the incidence of cancer and improve the quality of life for cancer patients and their caretakers. It should be noticed, too, that the actions by ACS are not restricted to the United States: lately, the Society has been contributing with initiatives to fight cancer around the world.
The art exhibition goes from April 30 until May 30. The minimum bid is just L$ 500 and the amounts can be increased by at least L$ 100 each time. At the end of May, we will learn who acquired what.
Event: "Visions of Hope 2016: silent auction in benefit of Relay For Life of SL", organized for Hope Haven Heroes
- Exhibition: From April 30 (official opening) until May 30. (Soft opening on April 28 for those who would like to visit, including the press; no bids will be accepted until April 30).
- Where: Visions Of Hope Gallery http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wilburs%20Gate/50/127/24
Dru G. Eiren-Milneaux
RFL of SL:
- The first Relay For Life of Second Life was held in 2005. It was attended by a few hundred avatars and raised about US$ 5,000.
- In 2015, RFL of SL raised US$ 277,000.
- This year the Relay weekend will be held on July 16th and 17th. Other activities, such as the silent auction, will be organized during the year for raising funds.
Hope Haven Heroes:
- The RFL of SL team that represents Hope Haven, where the support groups for survivors and caregivers meet.
Contacts for further information:
- Randy Firebrand (in world) and Ricco Saenz (in world and via email - email@example.com).